Monday 27 February 2012

♥ Keep Calm And Carry On ♥


A full on week is pretty hard to come by in my present life (no job, no money, no fulltime routine), but last week was a hectic week to say the least. I had a huge tower of pending stuff/job applications to do pretty much every single day aswell as surviving a two and a half hour trek to see my bf all day Thursday. Come Friday, I went to London Fashion Weekend, the annual consumer event held at Somerset House, Strand. I was undoubtedly excited from the moment I won a pair of tickets for me and my +1, courtesy of Elizabeth Arden and Debenhams Beauty Club, to when I finally came back home after an awesome day of trudging in my heels! I am not going to talk too much about LFWeekend right now as I want to save all of that for a future blogpost which will be fully committed to it, (mini haul too!) Oh, I have to say though, some of the things that I saw at LFWeekend were U-H-M-A-Z-I-N-G, including the jewellery, oh my, the jewellery :O

On Sunday, I put my best slap on as I had to attend a friend's wedding reception that afternoon. I don't have any decent quality photo of my dress, jewellery, accessories, hair and makeup on me at the moment, as they are all still on my camera which decided to die on me this morning (grrr...) but I took this picture using my phone straight after coming back. It is a shame it is so awfully blurry and you cannot make out much without becoming cross-eyed :/


Anyways, this was my lip combination for the wedding...... which obviously wore off in the above picture.

Revlon super lustrous wild orchid l/s.
Revlon colorburst hot pink lipgloss.

I also tried out my new Collection 2000 perfect finish foundation on Sunday. I am the shade 5, Honey. I mixed one pump of this with my Clarins hydra-matte lotion - combination skin. As somebody who does not wear foundation at all and only wears tinted moisturisers somedays, N.B. I do NOT have perfect skin, if anything my skin has always been a pain in the a**, I am astonished at how much I really really like this. Combined with my trusted moisturiser, this felt extremely lightweight on my face and left a dewy, airbrushed finish without making me look like a bag of greasy chips. I think this is the end of the road for my affair with MAC face and body foundation. Mine ran out last week and to be honest with you I simply cannot afford the majestic 25 quid price tag at the moment. No worries, at £4.99, the Collection 2000 stuff will hardly break my purse, sweet :)


I am not morphing this post into a beauty product review thing or anything, I am hardly a Beauty Blogger at the end of the day, but I have to give a shout out to my good ol' Blinc mascara in dark brown. I am a mascara snob as I only ever wear the Blinc mascara ever since its discovery, which was a year and a half ago. The only other mascara that I own is the Avon superfull one which has probably dried to nothing as I have had it for yonks. I have relatively sensitive eyes, makes sense as I have sensitive skin too aswell as having Keratosis pilaris on the backs of my upper arms; and the Blinc one works a treat without instigating an irritation of any nature. Plus, like alot of other mascaras, this one isn't a biatch to remove.


Now that the sun is out more, its imperative that I resume wearing coloured mascara. I'm thinking the Blinc mascara in dark green. Anymore colour suggestions for dark brown eyes??

As for the title of this post and the beautiful shot of the blue enamel mug at the beginning, a Xmas/New Year present from my bf, I think the viral 'Keep Calm And Carry On' epigram ties in very well with my hectic last week :)

P.S. I am lusting after this Sam Ubhi vintage style turquoise stone gold-tone brass statement ring......


Mim xo

2 comments:

Urban Butterfly said...

I think I need to go have a look at that lipstick & gloss they look a perfect pink! Great hear the foundation is good another one for the list! What did you think of LDN fashion weekend?

Mim said...

They are the perfect pink, seriously, you must hit them up hun! LFWeekend was uhmazing, so tempted to go next year again! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...